Now or Never!

I am not much of a writer. Yeah, I know, what a way to start! But that’s how I am. I don’t think much about what I am writing. Just keep putting down my thoughts as they come. So far I have only been writing for me, in my diary. It is like a friend now, a friend without whom it is difficult to survive. At the end of the day it’s the person I turn to, the one who always listens and the one through whom I can talk to myself in the future. Though from today, I would like to share some moments of my life with you. I am calling myself a wanderer because of the number of places I have been to. I came across this quote the other day:
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” 
And I totally think it is as true as ever! I mean, come on! You only get to have one life, and if you don’t explore the world (or even your neighbourhood he he) then … well then I am going to come and make you explore places!
Anyway, I got really lucky to be born into the Mallick family because all of us (my dad, mum and me) LOVE to travel! And whatever happens, we do take some time off from our daily life to spend some time together, exploring new places. I used to love listening to stories from my grandmother when I was a little girl. I remember when my mum went out for work I used to run to my grandma’s room to listen to her special stories. They made me laugh, cry, get scared but I never stopped listening. Now I think, poor grandma, she had to keep on speaking for my sake. And I had some must-tell stories. If by chance she forgot to tell them, I would bug her until she did! That’s how I started to fall in love with words, stories and books. Let me tell you this, I used to read while I ate as well! In fact my dad does it as well (so you know where I got that habit from). I am hoping that you would love reading my travel diaries like I used to love listening to the stories my grandma told me. 
So now it is my turn to be a story teller!

Comments

  1. Dora,
    diary is man's best friend.It is a friend with whom u converse day by day.U remind me of Ulysses in Tennyson's poem - the world is an arch wherethrough gleams the untravelled world.Enjoy ur travelling.
    ( chandana Bhattacharya)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree with you! It is a friend which will never let me down...Those words of Tennyson's are beautiful :) Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts